This is a simple application to remap the F1 to F12 keys to F13 to F24 with the Caps Lock key. It’s useful if you need additional 12 function keys.
How it works
This application has been made and compiled with AutoHotKey
. It’s a simple script that remaps the F1 to F12 keys to F13 to F24 when the Caps Lock key is pressed. When the Caps Lock key is pressed again, the remapping is disabled and the F1 to F12 keys are restored.
Shift doesn’t affect the remapping; for example, if you press Shift+F1 while CAPS LOCK is enabled, the system will receive SHIFT+F13.
What use can i have for this?
This script works with every application with support for the additional function row F13-F24. For example:
- DAWs (Digital Audio Workstation) like Bitwig Studio, Ableton Live, FL Studio, Cubase, etc.
- Graphic editors like Photoshop, Gimp, etc.
- CAD software like AutoCAD, SolidWorks, etc.
- Video editors like Adobe Premiere, DaVinci Resolve, etc.
- Code editors like Visual Studio Code, Atom, etc.
- Other AutoHotkey scripts
How to use
- DOWNLOAD this zip file
. Both the 32bit and 64bit versions are included.
- Unzip the file wherever you want.
- Run F13-F24-with-CAPSLOCK-64bit.exe (or F13-F24-with-CAPSLOCK-32bit.exe if you have a 32bit system). A new icon will appear in the system tray.
- Press the Caps Lock key to enable the remapping. Press again to go back to the normal F1 to F12 keys.
That’s it! 😄
You can test it using this website: https://keyboardtestt.com/
. Watch the Last Key Pressed section.
To exit the program, right click on the icon in the system tray and select Exit.
This application is released under the MIT License
Copyright (c)  centomila
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy
of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal
in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights
to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell
copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is
furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE