Nobody likes about page. But here you are… I’ve made a FAQ style with all the questions i’ve received in the past 10 years. Maybe in this way will not feel too obnoxious.
- I’m born in 1985 thanks to some good humans in Italy. At 8 years old, I inherited an old Commodore 64 computer. This generated a curiosity about computers and the way they works.
- My curiosity is not gone. Especially in the world of creative software. Every week i try something new (or something old).
- I usually express my taughts with images, sounds, code and words.
Why centomila ?
It’s a number: 100000 (One Hundred Thousand). I choosen it because i was fascinated by the book:
One, No One and One Hundred Thousand (Italian: Uno, nessuno e centomila [ˈuːno nesˈsuːno e tˌtʃɛntoˈmiːla]). A 1926 novel by the Italian writer Luigi Pirandello.
EN: One, No One and One Hundred Thousand
IT: Uno, nessuno e centomila
I suggest you to read the wiki page to understand why i choosen a specific word from the title. Or better, read the book. It’s a little masterpiece. 😄
Where do you live?
I actually live in Italy.
Are you a male or a female?
I’m a human.
I’m too old for this shit
Do you want to collaborate on a project?
Sure. I’m always open to new ideas. Just be nice ❤️.
Your stuff sucks! My music/visuals/words are better than yours!
Chill. It’s not a competition.
I’ve seen another guy/girl/cat called centomila on the platform X. It was you?
Probably no, but send me a link, please. It’s always funny to see other people with the same nickname 😄
Sure. You know the drill 😉 | Go to Contact
Are you a musician?
It’s always been hard for me tell the phrase “I’m a musician”. Let me check Wikipedia…
A musician is a person who composes, conducts, or performs music.
I suppose i’m a musician 🤷
When did you start making music?
My first tracks were made around 2000 with an old software called Magix Musix Maker and then eJay Something. In that period, every website had a Flash Intro and i produced short tracks for some italian eSports team (Quake and CounterStrike). I never take the things too seriously until i discovered a software called Reason 4 in 2010. With this software i learned sound synthesis, mixing and music production in general.
My first album Cosmo Rosso
was released in 2015. Nowaday is normal self-publishing on all the platforms, but at the time was a new thing.
How do you produce music?
- For music production i use a software called Bitwig and Reason by Reason Studios (AKA Properllerhead). I also use Auxy Studio on iOS to generate basic ideas.
- In the past i used a lot Ableton Live, Cubase and Pro Tools. But i prefer stranger toys 😊
- For my in house live sessions experiments, i use Kymatica AUM on iOS and some hardware gear:
- Modal Argon 8
- Korg Volca Bass
- Korg Volca Keys
- Roland TR-8S
Speaking of Bitwig… Your logo with circles is similar to their logo. Are you a copycat?
No. I’ve started using this logo in 2012. Bitwig Studio has been released in 2014. I’ve evaluated other variations, but in the end they are different and i’m happy of the coincidence. I hope they don’t bother too 😊
Do you play any real instruments?
Play is a big word. I took some piano lessons when i started using Reason 4, but i never aspired to be a performer.
- Keyboards (Enough to fool an adult non-musician) 🎹
- Electric Bass (Enough to learn a simple song)
- Electric Guitar (Enough to fool a kid) 🎸
- Ukulele (Enough to play the chords from Somewhere Over the Rainbow over and over)
- Kazoo (Enough to annoy everyone)
What music do you like?
- I don’t know. But i use Last.fm from 2005 and i scrobbled every track i listened. You can check my muscial tastes on Last.fm
Are you an artist?
It’s always been hard for me tell the phrase “I’m an artist”. Let me check Wikipedia…
Digital art is an artistic work or practice that uses digital technology as part of the creative or presentation process.
I suppose i’m a (digital) artist 🤷
How did you get started?
In the 90s I found a CD-ROM in a magazine with a tryout version of Adobe Photoshop 3.0. As a kid, it was like Paint with steroids. I didn’t seen the potential then; it was just another toy. Years later I enrolled in a school for graphic advertising. I didn’t finish it, but I worked in the industry anyway 😄.
What’s your process?
I don’t have a standard process. The final step is usually Photoshop for color correction or mixing layers from different sources. My starting points today are often:
- ArtRage (a digital painting tool)
- Code Generated images
- AI Generated images
Once i learned a teqnique I don’t like to repeat myself (but sometimes i do). There are a limited number of emotions but infinite ways to express them.
Why do you talk about the website in the about page?
This part is for webdesign lovers only. If you are not interested in web development, you will probably find this stuff really really boring.
This site is amazingly fast. How it’s possible?
- There is no database. It’s static generated with HuGo
and served with Netlify
- I don’t use external services like Google Fonts.
- I don’t use any kind of analytics. If you was here and wanna let me know, just send me an email
- I don’t ask for cookie consent because there is no cookie 🍪 (for now).
Wich theme do you use?
- It’s a heavly customized version of Ananke for HuGo
The image gallery is cool too. How do you do it?
- If you talk about the main galleries, is just pure html (generated by HuGo
) and CSS (Tachyons.io
- If you talk about the popup gallery, is based on a little wonder called BaguetteBox
I like the font in the navbar and heading. What is it?